Tuesday 15 June 2010

Day Thirteen

Day Thirteen, a fictional book.

I read a lot. I always have a book in my bag - it's very rare I leave the house without one. As I mentioned previously on this blog, I've read Gone With The Wind about 10 times. I'm re-reading it at the moment in fact!

I know it's not politically correct, I know it's racist, but it reflects a time I really wish I could have experienced, and you can't help but fall in love with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler. There's something timeless about the story. Even though it doesn't have a happy ending, you find yourself siding with Scarlett and her determination to fix things.

There are sequels as well, commissioned by the estate of Margaret Mitchell - Scarlett, which focuses on life for Scarlett after Gone With The Wind, and Butler's People, which is about Rhett Butler before and after he meets Scarlett O'Hara. They don't work together, and I was really confused when I read Butler's People, as it doesn't link in with Scarlett at all, but they're both as entertaining as GWTW.

No comments: