Sunday 6 June 2010

Day Six

Today's blogging theme is 'whatever tickles your fancy'. And I'm having trouble thinking of anything...

Okay, I think I'm going to blog about how totally nerdy I am, and talk about D&D. Yes, you read right, Dungeons and Dragons.

Back when I lived in Bristol I played D&D once a week with some friends. And it was amazing fun. We played through the most ridiculous scenarios, had the most amazing weapons and at one point, killed a dragon and then had a necromancer reanimate it so we could use it for our own nefarious plans! 'Proper' D&D it wasn't, but it sure was fun!

It's one of the things I really miss, and I would love to start playing again, but it's hard to find a group. I honestly can't think of a way to search for a group, or advertise for one, without sounding really nerdy, or really creepy. And I know it is nerdy, but I don't want to sound like I'm THAT nerdy when talking to strangers! I know, it's irrational!

I've been reading about making drawstring bags this week, and I think today I'm going to get the sewing machine out and have a go at making one. I'm going to embroider some dice to the front of it, and voilĂ , I'll have a new dice bag! There'll be pictures when I'm done!

This has been kind of a rambling post - hope I didn't scare anyone off!

No comments: