Thursday 10 March 2011

Paper Origami

Although my main crafty projects all seem to involve making origami items in fabric these days, I do still love to play with paper. Today has been all about the paper origami!

Last week my friend Sarah, who is a great lover of Sock Monkeys (I think she has five I've made!), asked me last week if I could make her an origami dinosaur brooch. After some discussion we decided it would be better made of paper, and so off I went to find a pattern. Here are the two finished dinosaurs - I'm just waiting for new brooch backs to arrive so I can send them off!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


It has been a rough few days here, and although the daffodils are starting to bloom in the garden, and the crocuses are coming out in the grass on my walk to walk, I thought some flowers here in the bedroom would make me feel better. What with our new rule of not spending any unnecessary money (we've got a mortgage deposit to find!), I did the next best thing and made some!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

These are really easy and fun to make, and hopefully over the weekend I'll find the time to write a tutorial for making them!

No comments: