Thursday 16 December 2010

Paper Origami

Before I make anything in fabric, I always make it in paper first. Paper is cheaper than fabric, you don't need to iron it to make it hold creases, and when it all goes wrong I get less cross!

So I thought I'd show you some of the things I've made in paper recently. Some of these pictures I've played about with in lo-mob so they look cool, others are just boring phone pics - I apologise for the quality of some of them!

Firstly, a full ball made from 12 flowers. Each of these flowers is folded from 6 bits of paper, so these take a while to make. They're really pretty though:



This is half a flower ball, so made from 6 flowers, each made from 6 pieces of paper. Several people have pointed out to me that these would look good around the bottom of candles, if I left the central flower out, but I'm sligtly worried about the paper + candle flame aspect of that!



Here are some random little flowers I made in a mug on my desk at work. I've tried making this flower design in fabric, but it just doesn't work sadly!



I made this just a few minutes ago - practicing a new design. It's a waterlilly and I rather like the way it turned out:



And just to prove I'm not all about origami, here's a picture of my hair. I plaited it across my head, and I loved the effect, so I took a picture!



Also this week I had my first sale in my shop which has made me very happy. I'm hoping it's the first of many. I'm also still waiting for some ring blanks to arrive so that I can make cute cocktail rings - hopefully they'll be here soon!

No comments: