Tuesday 21 December 2010

Christmas Gingerbread

I made lots of gingerbread today, some as presents, some for a party at work. I gave some to my lovely neighbour who then promptly told me I was 'The Gingerbread Queen'. And then I was asked on Twitter to share my recipe, so here we are:


Ingredients:


350g Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon (or more if you like it gingery) Ground Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Bicarb
100g Butter
175g Brown Sugar (I use demerara)
1 Large Egg
4 Tablespoons Golden Syrup


Method:


- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Mix flour, spices and bicarb.
- Rub in butter to breadcrumb like consistency.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Break egg into mix and then add golden syrup.
- Mix thoroughly and knead.
- Roll and cut out.
- Bake in the middle of an oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

You can then ice them, or just eat them. The finished products are quite hard once they've cooled down and very good for dunking in tea!

I don't have a picture of any I've made I'm afraid, but here is a picture of my favourite cookie cutters - they're in the shape of Lego men and women!

No comments: