Sunday 4 January 2009

New Year, New Blog!

So, 2009 is upon us. And here, you may notice, loyal readers (if I have any left!!) there has been a change. A new beginning. Something I've been meaning to do for a while.

One of the reasons I stopped blogging before was that everything here was pretty negative. Looking it at mostly made me feel bad. Remember things I really didn't want to. And so, I've made a resolution that I'm going to try and be more positive on the whole. Here at least. I may still post about things that annoy me, or get me down, but I'm going to try and do it in a way that doesn't leave me wallowing in self pity after I've done it. To make posts that I want to read again, and that other people want to read.

So here is where I'm going to post things that are pretty, things that inspire me, and maybe one or two things I've made myself. And recipes, book reviews and pretty much anything or everything that interests me, and may interest anyone who reads it!

The biggest news of the new year so far is that my grandmother has said I can have her sewing machine. It's a big, old fashioned Singer, in a cabinet of it's own and I'm quite excited about the prospect of owning it. I just have to clear it with the landlord - although I don't see why there should be a problem with it. It belonged to my grandmother's grandmother, so it's pretty much an antique, but it's still in working order, and as I've wanted to own it since I was 5 years old, I really am excited about the prospect of having it in my house. It's just getting it from Bristol that may prove a problem. Although my mother thinks it'll go in the back of her car, with the seats down, so it may not be as bad as all that!

P (my other half for those not in the know) however, thinks that this is not big news, and that bigger news is the fact that he has a new coat, and new jumpers. Although apparently he was being sarcastic!

I think I've said all I can for now...so I'll leave you with this gorgeous wench bodice from Damsel Dress (who I could buy everything from if I had the money):

No comments: